- To improve the performance of the healthcare delivery system through generating out of the box, innovative choices for challenges facing health sector particularly in the following strategic areas:
- Greater decentralization up to district level and beyond, institutionalizing and extending hospital autonomy.
- Setting the stage for Universal Health Coverage (UHC), reducing OOP, ensuring equity and financial risk protection against catastrophic expenditure and impoverishment for all those in need particularly the poor, marginalized , women and children.
- To improve the performance of the healthcare delivery system through generating out of the box and innovative choices for challenges facing health sector particularly in the following strategic areas:
- Be the nucleus of financial information in the sector, with reporting streams established between itself and all districts, autonomous bodies and sub departments in the Health Department.
- Monitor and analyze, once the budgets have been prepared according to specified objectives of the Health Department, actual expenditure in the Health Department and the agencies that it funds, is in accordance with the appropriations made.
- The FMC will be the central point to financial reporting in the health sector, which will generate management accounting information to facilitate budgetary control for cost center managers, senior managers, the core team, and the Secretary (as Principal Accounting Officer).
- Develop appropriate automation tools (including an interface with the Project for Improved Financial Reporting and Accounting system) to assist in budget preparation and financial reporting.