- PSDP/ADP No. of Project:556
- PSDP/ADP year:2016-17
- Total Budget:Rs. 95.445 million for three years
- Total Expenditure:Nil as no funds have been released in the CFY 2016-17
- Total Allocation:Rs. 24.824 million for the CFY 2016-17
- Prevent blindness in over 200000 people in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa by up-gradation of eye departments of remaining tertiary care hospitals, and meeting some specific needs of the DHQ hospitals in the province.
- Screening of 7500 patients and cataract surgeries of 1500 patients in three years of the project.
- Up-gradation of Eye Department in terms of provision of equipment in the remaining DHQ/THQ and meeting the deficiencies in the upgraded districts.
- To address the issue of Cataract, Diabetic Retinopathy and Childhood Blindness.
- Capacity building of ophthalmologists, in particular, the Mid-level healthcare personnel through training.
- Provision of Repair & Maintenance facilities for ophthalmology equipment
- Strengthening of CEC Cell of PICO for effective, implementation, Monitoring & Evaluation of eye care programs and Community Development.