After promulgation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Medical Teaching Institutions Reforms Act 2015, Amendment 2018 (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Act No.1 of 2019), the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, on recommendation of the Search and Nomination Council, has established the Policy Board at Provincial level.
Functions and Responsibilities of the Policy Board
- Determine in consultation with Government, the base standards for the Medical Teaching Institutions and its enhancement from time to time, as and when required.
- Recommend to Government, policies for the improvement of the Medical Teaching Institution.
- Recommend to Government various rules and amendments therein that it may seek to make.
- Recommend model regulations and other policies and amendments therein, to be framed by the Board of each Medical Teaching Institution.
- Plan and implement specialized central training programs as and when required for management and employees of all Medical Teaching Institutions.
- Establish the minimum qualification standard, for all posts in Medical Teaching Institution to ensure merit base appointment; provided that the Board of any Medical Teaching Institution may enhance such minimum qualification of merit at their discretion.
- Provide guidance and advice on any matter referred by the Board or Government.
- Review the annual reports of each Medical Teaching Institution and give recommendations thereon; and
- Assist, aid or advise the Government on any matter relating to the health sector as referred to them by the Government.
1st Policy Board
|1. Prof. Dr Nausherwan Khan Burki||Chairman|
|2. Mr. Sahibzada Saeed Ahmad||Member|
|3. Dr Muhammad Tahir Aziz||Member|
|4. Dr Zeeshan Bin Ishtiaque||Member|
|5. Dr Muhammad Humayun Mohmand||Member|
|Office Address||Main Administration Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar|
|Telephone:||+92 91 9211003|
|Fax:||+92 91 9213707|